The Office Services Unit comes under the direct supervision of the Manager Office Services who also overseas for the IT Unit and Records Management Unit of the Ministry.
The Units core responsibilities are:
- The registration and updating of Ministry of Finance’s & Fiji Bureau of Statistics Fixed Assets Register and Inventory ledgers.
- To process requests for write-off of unserviceable items for whole of government
- To facilitate procurement of office furniture, equipment and stationery for the Ministry.
- Ensures that staffs are provided with healthy work environment.
IT Unit provides technical and application support to staff here in the Ministry as well as other offices who come under the responsibility of the Permanent Secretary of Finance including
- Civil Service Management Reform Unit (CSRMU),
- COP 23 Unit
- GGGI Unit
- Public Enterprise
The application support to several software applications that the various divisions within the ministry and other government ministries and departments use including:
- Finance Management Information System (FMIS) – the financial application is use across Whole of Government
- Commonwealth Secretariat Debt Recording and Management System (CSDRMS)
- Teammate Software – for IAGG Division
- Budget System – for Budget Division
- Biometric Software for HR Division
Records Management Unit (RMU) core role is to ensure that Ministry’s current and old records are appropriately managed, preserved, secured and can be retrieved as needed.