The primary role of the Ministry of Finance is to support the Government in the efficient and effective management of the national economy consistent with the sustainable achievement of the Government’s vision for the nation. To achieve this, the Ministry will ensure that prudent fiscal policies and practices are in place in order to strengthen financial and macro-economic stability. The Ministry will continue in its efforts to spearhead the financial management reform that will help government improve the delivery of public goods and services, thereby contributing to economic growth and improving the living standards of the people of Fiji.
In fulfilling its role, the Ministry has assumed responsibility for providing Government with:
- Sound economic and financial forecasting, advisory and analytical services;
- Budget Management services;
- Accounting services;
- Oversight of the tax collection function exercised by the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS);
- Financial asset and Debt Management services;
- Oversight of and key responsibility for the implementation of Government-wide financial management reform;
- Facilitation of procurement process for whole of Government;
- Administering the leasing and acquisition of vehicle for whole of Government;
- Coordination of international cooperation and development partners; and the monitoring and evaluation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Internal audit functions to strengthen internal controls and good governance;
- Collation, analysis and publication of official statistics-economic, social, population and environmental matters;
We seek to strengthen relationships and collaborate with our stakeholders, bringing in innovative and effective solutions to help Transform Fiji. Our various stakeholders include, but are not limited to these in the:
- Global Governments and Leaders;
- Multilateral institutions;
- Trading Partners.
- Fijian Government Leaders;
- Various Ministries of the Fijian Government Policymakers and influencers,
- Private sector,
- Financial Institutions;
- Non-Government Organisations/Civil Society Organisations; and
- General Public.